Completed in September 1951
to house United States Army armored troops assigned to Berlin Command, Named after Charles
Turner a Korean Conflict Medal of Honor winner.It was named between 8 and 14
February,1952,according to news article in the BerlinObserver,dated 15 February,1952.It
was located on Huttenweg in the Dahlem suburb of Berlin It became the center for U.S.
armored units until the 1990 s .The installation was demolished late in the 1990s It will
always be in the memories of those that served there in the preservation of our rights to
free access to Berlin and in defending the citizens of a free Berlin.
Return to Main Page